Caught in the Act - Some News Coverage

Photo by Ricardo B. Brazziell. © Austin American-Statesman 
A week or so ago, students working with Dr. Ben Pierce, including myself, conducted a monthly visual encounter survey at the Twin Springs Preserve in Williamson County, TX. We do these surveys at two sites every month, and we look for a local species near and dear to our hearts: the Georgetown salamander (Eurycea naufragia).

The survey I just mentioned was special in that we had a reporter and photographer from the Austin American-Statesman newspaper take some photos and write an article for this week's paper. I was flattered to be included in the article - as it was primarily focused on opening up this preserve to county-trained, permit-carrying individuals.

Here is the article: 'Georgetown-area preserve open for visitors -- but only after some training'. I'm the guy in the stylish blue Animal Behavior Society shirt I designed.

Also - take note that in the right-hand sidebar on this blog, I have some links for my most current CV and press such as this article.

Eurycea naufragia. Photo by Alex Hall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean.


View My Stats